Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Meet Jacob & Faith!




Jacob who is 15 was born premature at only 31 weeks. He was in the hospital for 12 weeks. During this time the doctors discovered that he had water on the brain and that there was a stem missing in his brain. This important stem sends information back and forth to both sides of his brain. Jacob also has a mild case of Cerebral Palsy which affects only his lower extremities, from his hips down, on both legs. He enjoys music, his computer and likes to collect albums (vinyls) for a record player. He has been my rock and has taught me patience and inner strength that let's me know that I can overcome anything.





Faith is 6 years old and is diagnosed with Sturge-Weber syndrome. This is a rare case that only happens to 2 kids out of 1,000 born. She was born with a port-wine stain birthmark (mangioma) on her face and Glaucoma in left eye. She also has calcification's on the left side of her brain which causes on-set seizures. Due to these calcification's, she can also have mini strokes. She is also delayed to about a two and a half to three year old. She was born on time and we had no idea that she had this till she was born. She brings me so much joy. She is a loving child that enjoys dancing to music, watching her veggie-tales movies, loves school, and going bye bye!


Both Jacob and Faith have taught me so much. I know GOD is not done with them or me yet. He's teaching all of us that we got to lean on him and grow and show him through my kids.
I am so very blessed that GOD choose me to be their mom!! ♥ Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment